Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ode to Cupcakes

Today is my birthday, and I'm taking three whole days to celebrate this year! Why? Well, because I feel like it. :-)

I started the celebration yesterday with my best friend. There is a new cupcake boutique in town called "Celebrations." Isn't that a cute name? Here's a photo of our cupcake selections.



On the left is the lemon cake with raspberry filling and lemon buttercream frosting, and on the right is a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and a little chunk of a Reese's on top.

If you've followed my blog for awhile now you know that I ADORE cupcakes. Seriously adore them, and I'm convinced that cupcakes make every problem better. The world will eventually be a better place because of delicious and CUTE cupcakes.

So, I set out on a quest to find my ultimate birthday "must-have." I searched through blogs for anything that might inspire me and trigger the "aha!" response. Well, I finally found two birthday must-haves... and they are both cupcakes. :-) I'd like to share them with you.

(Photo courtesy of Hostess with the Mostess)
The first must-have is margarita cupcakes with lime frosting. This inspiration came from Hostess with the Mostess. I'm so curious if a cupcake can truly taste like one of my favorite blended beverages.... I'm very lucky to have a best friend who will be making me her own version of margarita cupcakes today. Mmmmmm, I can't wait to taste them!

(Photo courtesy of Bakerella)

The second must-have is Aloha Cupcakes by Bakerella. Just by looking at them, I want to stop and have a luau on the spot! And, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, the pineapple cake with mango frosting? I'll be lucky if each of them even makes it out of the mixing bowl!

I definitely have a fruity cupcake theme going on here, but hey, we've gotta get our "fruits" and vegetables somehow, right? ;-)

Well, I'm off to enjoy the rest of my day. Enjoy those cupcakes!

No comments: