Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Counting Down to Christmas....

I don't know about you, but I feel like the holiday season is FLYING right by me! That's a shame because this is one of my favorite times of year, especially for blogging. And that being said, I owe you an apology. I've been slacking on the blog posts lately, but I have good reasons! In my personal life, I moved over Thanksgiving, did a half-marathon the following weekend, and just started to unpack this past week after regaining movement in my legs. :-) Not to mention, I have a day job, and I spent the last couple of nights working on treats for my co-workers.... and totally forgot to take pictures to share with you!

At any rate, I found some neat inspiration today from an historical "legend" in my town. Check out The Davenport Hotel and Tower blog to see the results of a gingerbread house competition to benefit a local charity- amazing stuff!

Snow White House- winner of the competition

Photo from The Davenport Hotel & Tower Blog (link below)

I almost want to attempt the same level of creativity in my own kitchen, but I don't think time allows for that this year. Click here to see the post and additional photos.

If any of you have gingerbread house photos to share, e-mail them to creativeentertaining@gmail.com by Sunday, December 27 and I'll do a special post with your photos. I love seeing what other minds (and hands) create!