Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Sweet Treats for the Kiddos (and Big Kids, Too!)

I was looking for a fun, yet practical gift (that's the adult in me speaking) for some cool kids I know. I walked around the store a few times last night and was finally inspired to make each child a hot cocoa kit.


I had some Christmas-themed take-out style boxes that I filled with red filler. I then added a few packets of hot cocoa mix, a snack-sized bag of mini marshmallows, and some mini-candy canes. I'll finish them off with some fun tags (like the printable ones in this post!). Take this idea to the next level and make it a nice Christmas gift for your favorite family, your children's friends, neighbors, etc. who can enjoy a nice cup of hot chocolate with the ones they love.

Here's another idea... a friend and I created a "hot chocolate bar" last Christmas after Christmas dinner was finished. The kids and adults alike enjoyed a steaming cup of hot chocolate and a selection of gourmet marshmallows that were dipped in chocolate and various toppings. Mmmmmm.....

No comments: